An outdoor leisure deck really is not complete until you have it sealed and waterproofed. Otherwise, the elements are going to do their best to tarnish and diminish your beautiful deck until you need to replace it. If you have already invested in the construction of your deck, you might be understandably hesitant to put more money down to have it sealed. That is, unless you find a cost that works with your budget.
How Much Does Deck Waterproofing Cost?
The cost of a weatherproofing project for a deck is not set in stone. It is pretty difficult to even toss out a ballpark guesstimate. As with basically any large project around your house, there are a great deal of variables and factors to waterproofing and sealing a deck that weigh into what the final cost may be.
Some factors that can increase or decrease a deck sealing project’s cost include:
- Size: What is the square-footage of your deck? The larger it is, the more attention it needs, and the more it will cost to get the job completed.
- Products used: You have your choices when it comes to sealants and stains to complete your deck. Depending on how you want your deck to look and how long you want it to last, you will need one or a few products and in varying amounts. High-quality products, of course, come at a higher cost.
- Speed: When do you want your deck waterproofing job finished? Sometimes you can pay a little more to have the job expedited or handled by more crewmembers. Other times, you might be fine with having it done “later than sooner” and end up saving some money there.
- Cleaning: Is your deck even ready to be waterproofed? Your deck might need to be cleaned thoroughly, from the top to the bottom to all the nooks and crannies, before any sealant can be applied. Hiring someone to clear off and clean your deck can add to the final cost of the project.
- Professionalism: If you value end-product quality, you will want to hire industry professionals to complete your deck waterproofing project. Going with your neighbor or buying your friends pizza in exchange for their labor will probably be inexpensive, but the final result will most likely suffer from that cost-cutting measure.
If you would like to get both professional results and competitive pricing, come to Capital Deck & Stair Waterproofing. We are a family-run team of Los Angeles deck waterproofing specialists that is backed by 30+ years of industry experience. Contact us to get a free estimate – and remember, we offer weekend services and always guarantee our work!