With the New Year rapidly approaching, you may be busy making your New Year resolutions and preparing to make transformations in your life. While your mind is on renewing old things and bringing them up to date, it’s important not to forget your home, and especially your deck.
In sunny California, the warm weather will be here sooner than you think, and it’ll be time for summer barbeques, splashing in the swimming pool, and spending long evenings on your deck. Why don’t you get a head start and schedule waterproofing services with our Los Angeles deck waterproofing professionals?
Waterproofing can help you refresh the look of a tired and worn out deck. It can also help you preserve your deck for many more years of enjoyment. Our waterproofing solutions are low-maintenance, which means less work and more fun for you. In addition to improving the look and safety of your home, a fresh coat of customized waterproofing can dramatically increase the value of your home or rental property.
We offer warrantied waterproofing service for:
- Garage floors
- Pool decks
- Walking decks
- Leisure decks
- Iron-based precast stairs
- Magnesite & fiberglass stairs
- Tread replacements
Your home’s safety, beauty, and upkeep are important to us. We offer a variety of resurfacing and waterproofing surfaces to help you maintain many surfaces around your property. All our waterproofing projects use superior materials to ensure that your deck is not only waterproof, but fire retardant and flexible to preserve your deck.
We offer custom blended colors at no additional cost, so your new waterproofing coat will blend seamlessly with your existing home and yard décor. We also work around your schedule, and we offer weekend and after-hours services to meet your needs. With multiple crews in the Los Angeles and Orange County areas, we can offer quick, reliable service.
Get the advantage of more than 30 years of deck waterproofing experience for your home. Schedule a free estimate today , and one of our qualified waterproofing professionals will come to your home for an inspection.
Your deck is an extension of your home and living space, and like your home, it requires regular cleaning and upkeep to remain safe and comfortable. Composite and natural wood decks may have different requirements, but there are some basics for all decks. Here are some do’s and don’ts of deck care to keep in mind.
- Do give your deck a thorough annual cleaning. Your deck needs annual exfoliation to allow protective sealers to seep deeper into the wood of your deck. Choose a dry, moderately warm day to apply a material-appropriate deck-cleaning solution with a sprayer or roller. This will kill mold and bacteria that can speed the decay of your deck. A scrub brush can help the cleaner get into hard to reach spots and crevices to ensure that your whole deck is cleaned.
- Do cover surrounding plants before cleaning your deck. Cleaners and other chemicals can be hard on plants, so it is important to loosely cover them with plastic sheeting or tarps to prevent them from being sprayed. Avoid covering them too tightly, which might restrict air movement.
- Do sand your deck before applying sealer. After washing your deck, allow 48 hours for it to fully dry. Your next step will be to lightly sand your deck to remove splinters or damage due to pressure washing. A power sander may be too harsh, but 80-grit sandpaper should be enough. After your deck has been sanded, apply a sealer to prevent the wood from cracking, cupping, or warping. Tinted sealers and stains can wear down over time with traffic, but clear sealant will last longer.
- Do clean your deck regularly. In addition to your annual cleaning, you should keep your deck swept free of puddled water, leaves, branches, dirt, and other debris. In snowy areas, a plastic shovel can remove snow without damaging your deck.
- Do watch for damage. If your deck becomes damaged, it can become a significant safety hazard and lead to further damage. Inspect your deck regularly for soft or splintered spots, loose nails, boards, or railings, and split or rotten planks. Promptly repair damaged areas when discovered.
- Don’t rely on a power-washer. While this can be an effective and quick way to clean our deck, it can also cause damage. If you do use a pressure washer, keep the stream moving whenever the trigger is moving. A garden hose with a hard stream setting should provide enough pressure to clean your deck without damaging it.
- Don’t use chlorine bleach on your deck. This can damage the cellular structure of your wooden deck and strip it of color. It also can harm the plants growing around your deck. Oxygen bleach is a safer alternative, but it still isn’t appropriate for redwood decks.
- Don’t use paint to seal your deck. New paint can look polished and clean, but it will distress very rapidly. If your deck was painted and you are looking to use a different sealant, you will need to sand off all the paint before you can refinish your deck. Synthetic sealants can prevent mold and mildew while protecting from sun damage and water damage.
- Don’t assume pressure-treated wood decks are maintenance-free decks. While pressure-treated wood can resist rot and insect damage, it still required sealant and cleaning. Be sure to use products intended for pressure-treated wood when protecting your deck from sun and water damage.
- Don’t use natural material rugs on your deck. It is important to prevent your deck furniture from scratching the surface of your deck, but natural fiber rugs such as jute and bamboo can absorb moisture and encourage mildew. Look for rugs made from recycled plastics for an eco- and deck-friendly solution.
Keep Your Deck In Shape with Los Angeles Deck Waterproofing Services – (310) 912-7737
With more than 30 years of experience, Capital Deck & Stair Waterproofing can help you preserve the beauty and safety of your deck with a wide variety of waterproofing solutions. Let us help you refresh your deck, balcony, or outdoor stairs with our warrantied waterproofing services. Our Los Angeles deck waterproofing crews are available when you are, with weekend and after-hours scheduling available.
Many homes in Southern California, both old and new, have spacious balcony spaces, either attached to master bedrooms or to living rooms. But how many families actually spend time out there? Most people would probably admit that they’re only out on their balconies once a month or for national holidays.
But why aren’t balconies more popular? They should be beautiful spots to have a getaway from the stress of the day but instead people step out and see drab paint and a general lack of atmosphere. A fast way to give your balcony a facelift and some much needed TLC is to resurface its deck.
Resurfacing your balcony allows you to add a spectacular, fresh finish that will really liven up the entire area. Most balcony waterproofing finishes can be applied to any surface, too, so you are free to liven up the area with new tiling, paint, or designs first. Once you have it how you like it, protect it from the weather, cracks, and the sun with a resin or polyurethane coat.
You will be surprised with how easy it is to not only resurface your balcony but also to maintain it. You and your family are sure to appreciate the improvements and see the space in a brand new light. No longer will your balcony be a lonely, empty place – with resurfacing solutions, it can be the focal point of any party or gathering!
At Capital Deck & Stair Waterproofing, we are always excited to take on a new project, big or small, for our clients. If you want to start entertaining guests in style, or if you would like a beautiful, private getaway spot in your home, contact us today and ask about our balcony resurfacing services . You can also get a free quote from our Los Angeles deck waterproofing specialists whenever you are ready.