Deck surfaces can last for many decades with proper maintenance such as waterproofing. Our waterproofing contractors understand how concrete and other materials hold up in Southern California’s climate, exposure to rain and other water sources, and varying levels of use. Over time, water erodes and breaks down concrete. Combined with daily wear and tear, this can lead to more frequent, costly repairs and the need to replace it much sooner.
With regular maintenance, you can avoid this. Knowing when to schedule deck waterproofing is important. Consider treatment if you haven’t done so in a while or if you notice the following signs:
- Cracks in concrete
- Uneven surfaces
- Pooling water
- Decreased strength
- A worn look
Benefits of Waterproofing
Moisture can have a detrimental effect on concrete’s strength and integrity. By waterproofing decks and patios, it is possible to:
- Improve Longevity: A concrete surface can last for several decades, but only if it is cared for properly. A lack of maintenance and an absence of waterproofing can cause concrete to degrade much sooner, so you’ll have to spend on extensive repairs or even replace the deck years earlier than expected.
- Strengthens Concrete: Although it has an inherent resistance to water, concrete will wear out with long-term exposure to moisture. Concrete near a pool or spa is especially vulnerable. A waterproofing layer reduces the chances of water intruding into the surface and causing damage from below and within.
- Lower Maintenance Costs: Water intrusion can lead to structural weakening, putting your entire deck in jeopardy. Several issues, from cracks in the surface, to foundation damage, and many water-related problems, can occur. Fortunately, these maintenance issues and associated costs can be reduced with waterproofing.
- Prevent Mold and Mildew: Mold and mildew take hold quickly in the presence of moisture. Growth can occur internally, causing deck damage and possible health problems. Waterproofing eliminates the conditions that support mold/mildew growth, as well as the reproduction of bacteria and other harmful microorganisms.
- Update the Look and Feel of Your Deck: Waterproofing protects concrete from the elements, reducing the risk of cracks, stains, and other signs of neglect and degradation. It can sustain a concrete deck as a beautiful highlight of your home. You can even give your deck a new color or texture by adding a waterproof coating.
- Increase Property Value: A deck or patio that’s in poor shape will make it hard to find a home buyer. No one wants to spend on refurbishments after purchasing a home. Therefore, deck waterproofing can boost property value and contribute to a higher profit should you sell your home at some point in the future.
Contact our Deck Waterproofing Contractors Today
Capital Deck & Stair is licensed, bonded, and insured to waterproof decks and patios of all types. A family-owned-and-operated business, we provide high-quality professional service and back our services with excellent warranties. We offer residential and commercial deck waterproofing, resurfacing, and repair. Call 424-339-0953 to learn more or schedule a free estimate.